Recipe of the week: mom’s red currant and lime muffinsHi everyone!
A few days ago me and my mother made some red currant muffins, so I was thinking to share her recipe her.
Ingredients: (12 muffins)
100 gram melted butter
2 dl milk
2 limes, only the zest
1 ½ dl caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
4 dl flour
2 tsp baking powder
A pitch of salt
2 dl red currant, fresh or frozen
Ev 2 tsp of Maizena powder/potato starch
How to do:
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Melt the butter in a pot and add some milk and zest of lime.
2. Whip the egg, sugar and vanilla powder until it's white and fluffy. Stir down the melted butter.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and pour it down with the batter.
4. Place the muffinforms and fill them to 2/3. If you have frozen currants, mix them with some Maizena powder/potato starch first.
Add some currants in each muffin.
5. Bake the muffins in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. When done, take them out and let them cool for a while.
Ready to serve!
Photo taken by my father
Today I will try to empty the forest of all the chantarelles, we'll see how that goes
Have a splendid day!